Things to Do Before You Publish Your Posts
- Add Header
- Add Footer
- Insert Read More Tag
- Checkmark the Box “Open link in new window or tab“
- List Average Time Read
- Proofread Writing by using WordPress’s Spell Checker
Adding Header (Starting from Top to Bottom.)
Step 1. Written by Millionaire’s Digest Staff Member: (Your Name)
- Bold Written by Millionaire’s Digest Staff Member:, but don’t bold your name.
- Add space between Member: and Your Name.
Example: Written by Millionaire’s Digest Staff Member: Franci Hoffman
Step 2. Founder & Owner of: (Your Website)
- Use the title of your blog rather than your domain or username.
- After you hyperlink your website, check mark the box “Open link in new window/tab.” (Same for any other links you include in your articles.)
- Bold Founder & Owner of:, but don’t bold your website.
- Add space between of: and Your Website.
Example: Founder & Owner of: A Not So Jaded Life
Step 3. Millionaire’s Digest Staff Team, Author, (Description of what you write and talk about)
- Always start with “Millionaire’s Digest Staff Team, Author…“
- Don’t bold any words, but italicize them.
Example: Millionaire’s Digest Staff Team, Author, Successful Living Writer
Step 4: Last but not least, add the horizontal line directly after you finish typing out your last word in step 3. Also, don’t add any enters before or after you add the horizontal line. Just start typing right after you add it.
Step 1. Article Credits: (Your Name)
- Bold Article Credits:, but not Your Name.
- Add a space between Credits and Your Name.
Example: Article Credits: Precious Kc George
Step 2: Millionaire’s Digest Staff Team, Author
- Italicize all words.
- Don’t bold any words.
Example: (Don’t need an example. All of yours should look just like the one in the beginning of step 2.)
Step 3. (For Art, Travel, Inspiration, Beauty Bloggers & More)
- Bold all words.
- Set the words to heading 6.
- Always start with For.
- Always put in parenthesis.
- Always finish with & More.
Example: (For Art, Travel, Inspiration, Beauty Bloggers & More)
Inserting Read More Tag
ALWAYS insert the “Read More” tag! That means after your first paragraph if it’s a story or an article; or after the first few items if it’s a list of things or a numbers list!
The “Read More” tag is the symbol in the top menu that looks like a road/film strip.
Check Marking “Open Link in New Window or Tab“
ALWAYS check mark the “open link in new window or tab” box when you add your link to your website as well as any other links you put in your articles! That way people can pick back up where they left off on your article if they go and visit your website and/or click on other links you included in your articles.
Listing Average Read Time
ALWAYS list the average read time for your Readers! It should always go in the header and be at the end of your title. It’s better to let your audience know ahead of time rather than not telling them at all.
Proofreading Your Articles
ALWAYS proofread your articles! To be honest guys, if it’s one thing that I ask of all of you, it’s that you all please proofread your articles. Now, you don’t have to do that yourself, but just make sure you use WordPress’s proofreading button before you post your articles.
The “Proofread Writing” symbol is found in the top menu and it’s the symbol with the ABC and the check mark under it. Thanks guys.