Written by Millionaire’s Digest Team Member: Mliae A.
Founder & Owner of: Life Experiment Blog
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor and Travel Writer
We’ve all been there: One day you can’t stop the constant flow of blog ideas from bouncing around in your brain, and the next day … Crickets. This can be especially difficult if you are trying to maintain a consistent blogging schedule. Here are a few tried and tested ways to keep your blog on schedule:
- When in doubt, schedule future posts. Even if you abhor the idea of scheduling posts, you can use the calendar to save posts that were written in the heat of a creative streak and refer to them at a later date when writer’s block strikes.
- Don’t over-extend yourself. You don’t have to blog daily or multiple times per day. The comfort area for average blogs who post regularly is once or twice weekly. Sometimes slow and steady does win the race!
- Step away from the computer. If you find yourself staring blankly at the screen, multi-tasking to no avail, or frantically flipping from news site to email and back again, it’s time to take a break. Save your work, shut it down, walk away, go outside or talk to a friend and get back to it later. It’s surprising what a fresh mind will do for your blog posts!
- Keep a pad and pen handy at all times. What can I say? When inspiration strikes, it strikes…and then it’s gone. Jot down your idea and any noteworthy reminders when you get them. You can elaborate when you return to your desk.
- Schedule yourself. Make a date with your computer for a sufficient amount of distraction-free time, and go to the task at hand. You can even break it up. Tuesdays for research, Thursdays for blog writing. Make the commitment and stick to it.
Keep up the great blogging!
Article Credits: Mliae A.
Millionaire’s Digest Team, ContributorRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in