Written by Millionaire’s Digest Team Member: Seth Henry
Founder & Owner of: Seth Henry Blog
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor, Entertainment, Family & Life and Travel Writer
This blog is directed to those trying to figure out what they want to do with their futures. Whether you’re in High School just getting an idea of what you want to do, college and trying to figure out what to major in (like me), or even an adult looking for a total career change, I have 3 simple questions you should ask yourselves to aid you in making your decision.
- If every career path ended up with you getting paid the same amount of money, which career path would you take?
- Many make the mistake of letting money influence their decisions as it comes to career choices. But when it comes down to it, in the long run, if you love what you do, you’ll make enough money
- Everybody loves a little extra money, but it shouldn’t define what you do with your life. Don’t be a Lawyer for the money if you hate working 80 hour weeks. Do something that gives you decent pay, and gives you more time to yourself.
- What are you willing to sacrifice?
- Just about any career is going to require sacrifice on your end. However, some will require more sacrifice than others
- It really just comes down to how many years you are willing to put into your career.. Are you willing to put off starting a family for 8+ years to become a Doctor, or do you not want the entirety of your 20s to be absorbed by Med School and Residencies?
- What will your tombstone to say about you?
- Death is not a favorable topic to think about. However, it does allow us to more easily figure out what we want to accomplish before our time upon this planet is over
- Do you want to be known as the 9-5 hard worker that always provided for his family? The Doctor that found the cure to Diabetes? Or maybe the lead Journalist for the New York Times, whose work is read daily by the city’s citizens? They are all admirable options. Which best suits you? What will your tombstone say about you?
I hope that my first blog has been at least somewhat eye-opening for those that are reading! Some other things to do to help you with your career decision is to talk to those close to you and pray (if you are religious). I wish the best of luck to those trying to figure out what they wish to do with their lives. I know it can be a difficult decision, for I am also in your shoes!
Article Credits: Seth Henry
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor