Written by Millionaire’s Digest Team Member: Anthony Bernardo
Founder & Owner of: Teachers-to-GO! Online Education Platform
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor, Education, Games, Successful Living and Writing Writer
Scientific studies have proven that exposing your child to two languages have cognitive and practical benefits and positive effects.
- According to Ellen Bialystok, psychologist and author of “The Bilingual Advantage”, bilingualism improves the brain’s executive function and makes it more efficient.
- The physical brains of bilinguals are restructured to have thicker myelin which makes the transfer of information faster and with fewer losses.
- Bilingualism enables learners to focus more on relevant information and ignore unnecessary distractions.
- Bilingual students can solve word problems and understand math concepts more easily.
- Bilinguals have heightened ability to keep track of changes in their surroundings.
- Bilingualism helps kids to focus more and understand better other people’s point or view or belief, rather than just focus on their own perspective.
- Bilingualism allows learners to master other languages more easily throughout their lifetime.
- According to Tamar Gollan, neuropsychologist of the University of California, San Diego, bilinguals are more resistant than others to the onset of dementia and other symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
Enhance your child’s self-esteem and confidence in his or her practice of second language skills by gaining access to an intensive, high quality language instruction in a dynamic and caring online environment.
Article Credits: Anthony Bernardo
Millionaire’s Digest Team, ContributorTags: benefits bilingual children Education english french homework kids language learning Life school spanish teaching