Written by Millionaire’s Digest Team Member: Anthony Bernardo
Founder & Owner of: Teachers-to-GO! Online Education Platform
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor, Education, Games, Successful Living and Writing Writer
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Skipping this crucial meal can wreak havoc on your health and decrease your performance in school among a host of negative effects. Here are 3 reasons why should never skip breakfast before going to school. 1. It helps improve your grades.
Eating breakfast can improve cognitive performance, test scores and achievement scores in students, especially in younger children.
2. It increases your concentration.
Students who eat a low-glycemic, balanced breakfast may have better concentration and more positive reactions to difficult tasks that students who eat a carbohydrate-laden breakfast
3. It helps you maintain a healthy weight.
Eating breakfast regularly may also help students maintain a healthy weight. According to a study published in “Public Health Nutrition,” children who skipped breakfast in the morning were more likely to overeat and have a lower overall diet quality than children who ate breakfast every day. This led to increased body mass index, or BMI, measurements.
Choosing the Right Breakfast Meal
A healthy breakfast meal should contain a variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-or non-fat dairy, and lean protein. Here are easy and nutritious breakfast choices you can prepare.
- A veggie omelet and a piece of whole-wheat toast
- A whole-wheat English muffin with low-fat cheese, a scrambled egg, and slice of tomato or lean ham
- A smoothie made with fruit and low-fat yogurt
- Salmon on 1/2 whole -grain bagel with light cream cheese
- Whole-grain cereal with fresh fruit and low-fat milk
- Oatmeal made with skim milk, raisins and nuts, with 4 ounces of orange juice
- Low-fat yogurt and a piece of fresh fruit
- Yogurt smoothie and breakfast bar
- Hard-boiled egg and a banana
Article Credits: Anthony Bernardo
Millionaire’s Digest Team, ContributorTags: breakfast cooking Education exams fitness Food health healthy learning Lifestyle school tests weight weight loss