Is This You?

Where do you blog? Is it quiet and secluded or IS IT LOUD and open, with not a hint of privacy?

Hmmm, a blogger that prefers silence – one that has the perfect setting for his or her space. Perhaps, the lighting is subdued and the space is a cozy nook. Your knees are the prop for a plushy pillow that serves as a table for your laptop.

A few pieces of art, found at a garage sale, adorn the walls which are softly decorated in hues of blue. The art is mixed in with your coveted accolades so proudly displayed. Memories of those days of studying and cramming creep into your thoughts but only briefly. You have work to do and your mind must not be cluttered with glimpses of the past.

Ah yes, the quiet blogger spills out works of unbelievable quality; attacking the keyboard night after night with determination and diligence. Superbly written pieces easily flow becoming the mark of a true author. Is this you?

Oh, so this isn’t you and that’s okay. Different strokes for different folks, you know.

Oompah, Oom-pah-pah! Bright lights reflecting off walls decorated in hues of yellow. Your surroundings are cheery, sunshiny and oozing a feeling of happiness. Abstract paintings are mixed with posters from past concerts and such. Ah, memories of your youth and the fun you had. But, you must let those memories fade and not linger, as you have work to do. There isn’t time to dwell on the past.

Hmmm, a blogger that prefers noise. Where distractions are an asset making your thoughts pop and fly across your shiny screen. Your pieces are written with brilliance becoming the mark of a true author. Is this you?

That’s okay because there is no mold for those that put their thoughts out for all to see. It is individuality and creativeness; willingness to take on challenges; wanting to share your knowledge; WANTING TO WRITE! That, my friends, is the mark of becoming a true author.

I love to write and I love to read. If I had nothing of consequence to do in my 24/7, I would devote more time to both. Personally, I find the most enjoyable part of the blogging network is meeting people and communication. That’s why I write. Is this you?

Written by Millionaire’s Digest Staff Member and Author: Franci Hoffman

Founder & Owner of BrewNSpew and ThusNSuch

Millionaire’s Digest Staff Team, Author, Successful Living Writer

Article Credits: Franci Hoffman

http://www.lovethispic.com (a public domain)

(For Beauty, Writing, Book Bloggers & More)

Tags:
28 Comments
  1. James Pailly 3 years ago

I’m usually the kind of writer who needs to be in a quiet place, all alone, with no distractions. But every once in a while, inspiration hits when I’m not expecting it. When that happens, I’ll write wherever I am, even if I’m out in the noisy real world with all its distractions.

2. writingandalcohol 3 years ago

Yah! I am amazed meeting wonderful people in the blogging community writing my thoughts and reading their works! Nice to see you here 🙂

3. mylifeasishan 2 years ago

Great post

4. Eugenia 2 years ago

Thank you very much.

5. justgeeklyfab 2 years ago

I actually have a page about this on my blog! https://justgeeklyfab.wordpress.com/why-write/ check it out!

6. Her Unicorn Island 2 years ago

I am kinda obsessed with your posts. They fill me positivity and motivation?

7. Eugenia 2 years ago

Thank you. I am glad because that is my intent in writing them.

8. Orchid's Love 2 years ago

What a wonderful, thought provoking post. I blog to share experiences, thoughts and motivation. What I never expected, is the blogging community is such a great, diverse group of people.

9. Eugenia 2 years ago

Thank you for your very kind comment. It is comments like yours that inspire others to write.

10. […] via Is This You? (For Beauty, Writing, Book Bloggers & More) — The Millionaire’s Digest […]

11. kaustubh2323 2 years ago

Amazingly written!!!Though i dont prefer silent bloggers..but still!
    Anyways it would be a great help if u take a look at my blog.. Feedbacks are appreciated people!

12. unmotivatedenthusiast 2 years ago

A very interesting read

13. allangilmour 2 years ago

Sir Winston says that “Silence is Golden”. Mr Midnight also agrees with Sir W. The three of us at the “Gilmours Nice Place” blog are of the opinion that our world is very, very loud and that it is virtually impossible to savour the possibility of listening to 5 minutes of silence in our everyday, modern world. Mr Midnight adds that he believes most bloggers do not have a choice really – they have to blog in a very loud world. Still, I suppose one gets used to it. Best of greetings from the magical Black Forest. 🙂

14. dasoulstriker 2 years ago

Yes this is me written by your words existing in the painted picture from these words thank you for knowing me and I’m grateful for meeting you.

15. theabstractlives 2 years ago

I’m trying to be that person. I love to read and I want to write, but I just can’t start.

16. kritikgupta 2 years ago

Thats me!

17. […] via Is This You? (2 min read) — Millionaire’s Digest […]

18. milliemondays 2 years ago

I was just wondering hwo you got into writing for millonaires digest?

19. Mostly on my smartphone currently– then sometimes checking on laptop –. About myself , when I am on my desk and trying to write something.. somewhat : not easy to writing.. so kind of messy ( always ) I know .. but as you say , nice to connect to somebodies both reading / witting – 🙂 thanks for your post !