Why Evening Rituals Are as Important as Morning Rituals (1 min read)

Written By Millionaire’s Digest Team Member: GJ Seth

Founder & Owner of: GJ Seth

Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor and Successful Living Writer

img_0628

Photo Credits: Gj Seth

I believe in the importance of waking up early to start our day before our day actually begins.  What this means is, we should get up an hour or two before we need to and work on ourselves.  This allows our minds to wake up in a more relaxed state instead of us waking up with just enough time to get ready and head the door to start the day.  It also allows us time to work on ourselves.

I believe it’s equally as important to finish our day with the same attention to creating healthy habits.

For months I would scroll through my phone before going to sleep.  According to a study from  Michigan State using our smartphone after 9 pm actually, makes us more tired and less productive during the next day.

What can we do instead?

Put the phone away and try reading a book.

If it’s too difficult to fight the temptation of checking an email, or a social media update we could try leaving it in another room.  Out of sight out of mind, right?  Instead, reach for a book.  I do this and depending on the night and I read anywhere from 10-20 pages before my eyes begin to get heavy and close until the morning.  I wake up the next morning feeling more refreshed than I would too when I would fall asleep with the phone in hand.

Meditation (Put the phone away)

Meditation at the end of a long day can help the body reset and prepare it for a good nights sleep.  A calm mind will allow us to fall asleep easier, and stay asleep throughout the night.

Listen to Music (Put the phone away)

Just like the first two ideas, this one can help calm our mind before bed.  It’s important to be selective when it comes to the music we choose.  Listening to high energy music could have a reverse affect.  It’s important for us to choose something light and soothing.

There are many other benefits to the healthy habits listed above;  the bottom line is:

A chaotic night will lead to a stressful morning.

Article Credits: GJ Seth

Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor

(For Books, Entertainment, Technology Bloggers & More)
25 Comments
  1. mottanni 2 months ago

This is the reality and i thank you so much for sharing. I also be taking few minutes to take sequences of deep breath will also make your night wonderful and fill you with energy for the next day

• gjseth 1 month ago

Thank you for commenting. I’m grateful that this post resonated with you 🙏😎

2. The Ethos Deal 2 months ago

This is great advice. Shared on the Ethos Deal.

3. Author

[…] via Why Evening Rituals are as Important as Morning Rituals (1 min read) — Millionaire’s Digest […]

4. Nice post! Apt for the current times! 😊

5. danasykes30yahoocom 4 months ago

So true evenings are so Important. That’s when I prepare everything for the next day.

• gjseth 4 months ago

It really makes a difference. Sometimes my phone pulls me in, but for the most part I stay true to my words. I do, however, notice the difference of my productivity between both practices.

Thanks for commenting 🙂

6. torrenceandbrittany 4 months ago

that is so cool great job

7. Candace N. Bisram 4 months ago

So true. I’ve been trying so hard to set my phone aside on evenings when I get home. I need to do it more. I agree that a chaotic night will lead to a stressful morning. I need to work on this habit.

Thanks for sharing. P.S. Love your blog.

• gjseth 4 months ago

Thank you for commenting. I wrote the post and I also need to stick to it. Most nights I do, but some I can’t stop working. No good lol.

I really liked your blog as well. We seem to be like minded. I’m a little busy right now, but I’d love to collaborate one day in the future if you’re interested.

🙂

8. thesilence2017 4 months ago

“Put the phone away and try reading a book. ” -> I’m always doing this, thanks for sharing. 🙂

9. Sara 4 months ago

I totally agree with putting the phone down! I am a nurse practitioner and I have SO many patients with poor sleep hygiene…I also say to put the phone down and if they listen, that cures the issue 🙂

• gjseth 4 months ago

The phone addiction is obviously real. It’s awesome that you experience patients sleep better by putting down their phone at night.

Thanks for the comment 😎

10. Mikaela Ann 5 months ago

Love this! 💜

11. dailystrugglebus 5 months ago

Agreed. This is why I enjoy camping “off the grid,” with no cell service. It’s like a reset button for the body and soul.

12. wishes.spardha 5 months ago

Aptly said

Contact Us

Thank you for visiting us here at the Millionaire’s Digest. For questions, business inquiries, advertising requests, interview requests and more, please fill out this form or email us at millionairedigest@gmail.com and we will get back to you as quickly as we can. Thank you!

Sending