Written by Millionaire’s Digest Staff Member: Stephanie Christie
Founder & Owner of: Making Time for Me
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor, Family & Life and Healthy Living Writer
I am 35 years old and will be 36 in August. Yesterday I was reflecting on some things about how my life is and how I feel about my body. It got me to thinking, nobody every told me about this.
- Nobody every said sex would get better with age. As a woman, sex is WAY more enjoyable in my 30’s then it was in my teens. Plus, you want it WAY more. You finally understand what the boys were thinking at 18.
- It is OK to show off your grey hair. I am getting more and more grey hair by the day. I am not dying it and have no plans to. That is OK, you don’t have to be ashamed of it and pay hundreds of dollars to cover it. Each grey hair represents a day, hour, minute of this beautiful life.
- To go along with that, it is okay to not care about makeup. You can go all day every day without putting makeup on. If you look in the mirror and you feel confident without it, then you don’t need it.
- At some point you need to stop dressing like you are 20. When is that point?? I don’t know for sure, but I guarantee you will know it. Listen to that voice you hear saying you are “too old” to wear that, because you probably are! Just because you are still cute, thin and take care of your body, doesn’t mean you should be baring your assets all the time.
- You will always feel like you do all the work. Even if you are married and have a wonderful partner, you will feel like you do everything. Something about getting older as a woman, you can see everything that needs to be done all the time and you will work to get it done.
- Your taste buds will change. That fish that you hated when you were younger. The sour cream that tasted too tangy and the chicken wings that were too hot. At some point they will all start to taste incredible to you. As a rule of thumb I try things that I think I don’t like, at least once a year to see if anything about my tastes have changed.
- Learn how to cook or teach yourself how. Your family will thank you. Believe in yourself in the kitchen. Try out a few basic recipes. Then, move up from there. Have staples in your kitchen all the time and trust yourself to throw ingredients together to come with something delicious. Home meals are amazing, stretch your dollar much further and usually provide leftovers.
- It is OK to go to bed at 10pm, heck even 9pm. You don’t have to feel ashamed that you crawl into bed after the end of a long day. The kids are in bed, you have worked at the office for 8 hours, you made dinner and now you are exhausted. Why pretend that you stay up late? Enjoying your sleep and taking advantage of it is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Separating laundry and reading labels is a waste of time. Unless you actually want to bleach specific items. You can throw all of your clothes in the same load. You can wash everything on cold (it saves energy anyway). There are a few things here and there that don’t follow this rule, you will know. For the most part, just toss it all in and worry about it less.
- Lastly, your 30’s are awesome. In a completely different way than your teens and your twenties. Sure most of us can’t get away with doing the things that we did, the way that we did them 15 years ago. However, by 30’s you have found your place in this world. You know who you are and you aren’t afraid to show people.
Article Credits: Stephanie Christie
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor