Wribtten by Millionaire’s Digest Team Member: Kristina Koti
Founder & Owner of: Kristina Koti
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor, Successful Living Writer
When talking about fear, the first step is to face it. But how do we do that? Probably, step 0 would be to keep in mind that fear is a normal reaction of protection, be it physical or emotional.
1. Don’t fear fear. We all feel it, it’s part of the chemistry package we our made of, thus embedded in our DNA. Fear is one of the “survival triggers” to us living beings, therefore no need to mystify it.
2. Fear and freeze? Bad combination. The aftermath will be even worse, as the effects will be much more amplified turning into: dread, anguish, desperation. You will load yourself with unnecessary emotional burden. Spare yourself the devastating results.
3. Fear and “run”? In case you are not running for your life, I really hope that’s not the case, then again it is a bad combination, you can’t run forever. It means you are constantly changing directions, which will lead you nowhere.
4. Point 2 + Point 3 = Waste of (time+energy). Simple math.
5. Going on by exclusion? What option is left? Face Fear. Yes. Do yourself a favor and be pragmatic. It’s an obstacle, overpass it and move forward to the next level. Just the courage to face and admit it, means you have a chance of getting out of your comfort zone.
6. Read again from point 1 to point 5, building healthy habits of positive thinking is not an easy task. It requires practice and for that to happen willpower and hard work are needed, but it’s worth it.
Article Credits: Kristina Koti
Millionaire’s Digest Team, Contributor